It’s been a really hectic few weeks, as I previously mentioned. Lots of stuff to do at home, at work and in the margins. Hardly any time to scour the internets for fun stuff, and even less time for the off-the-cuff analysis you’ve come to expect from The Contrarian. But apologies are for sissies, so you’ll get none from me.
1. Comcast is at my house right now. (That’s only a good thing because we’ve been offline for a couple of weeks, and it’s starting to make us feel like 18th-Century pioneers.)
2. The new season of "Mad Men" starts on July 27. What the hell do I have to do to get you to watch this aethetically exceptional, brilliantly written program? The season one DVD is out now; stop reading this post and get yourself caught up.
3. I set up my studio in my new room at my new house. It’s purple. (The walls, drapes and carpet, that is.) Expect a Prince-style record in the near future. . .
4. My new neighborhood. Verdant, gorgeous and Progressive as hell.
5. The new iPhone comes out on Friday. Steve Jobs totally has me by the boo-boo.
6. Back on the cushion.
1. Need. Real. Vacation.
2. Mortgage means less eating out.
3. Getting balder and fatter by the second. (#2 should help with one of these problems.)
4. No time to finish record, much less start a new one.
5. Not writing as much.
5. Miss friends.