That’s the good news. The bad news is that there is no compensation. Well, none beyond the thrill of being read by many thousands of carbon-based lifeforms who will thrill to your every word (and occasionally challenge them). Go ahead, Google the word “contrarian” — we often beat the dictionary.
The best way to learn what we’re all about is to check out our posts. From our end, we prefer that you are:
– a smart, motivated, digitally-savvy human.
– wickedly funny, with a great bullshit detector
– able to contribute a MINIMUM OF ONE POST PER WEEK
– a solid writer who doesn’t mind being lightly edited
– a master of the internets who can quickly pitch or post material
Most of our writers have established “beats,” which isn’t mandatory, but enables our rag to cover a lot of unique ground. Here are a few of our favorite subjects, in no particular order.
– Digital culture
– Satire (all kinds)
– Creativity, art and expression
– Science and technology
– Criticism (all kinds)
– Religion, spirituality and metaphysics
– Skeptical inquiry (all kinds)
Think you have what it takes to join the roster of a legendary web magazine? Shoot an email to casey.contrarianATgmail.com with a cogent self-defense (and some writing samples, if you’ve got ’em).